2/3 cup milk
32 Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Beat eggs. Add milk and crackers . Stir in onion and cheese. Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into a loaf.
3. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
4. Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard to make topping. Spoon half of the topping over the meatloaf after 30 min. of baking. Return loaf to over for 10 more min. of baking. Spoon the rest of the topping over meatloaf, return to oven and bake for 5-10 min more.
1 lb. chorizo sausage
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 small shallot, diced
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
¼ c. all-purpose flour
5 c. chicken broth
14 oz. refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 tsp. kosher sea salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
½ tsp. Italian seasoning
6 ounces chopped fresh spinach
2 c. half & half (or heavy cream)
1. In a large pan set over medium-high, cook the sausage until browned. Drain as much grease from the pan as possible. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, add onion, shallot and carrot, sauté for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring occasionally to prevent it from burning.
3. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add in the chicken broth, whisk to combine. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 6 minutes.
4. Pat as much grease as possible off of the chorizo, then add it along with the tortellini, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, spinach, and half & half. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the tortellini is fully cooked.
5. Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan, if desired.
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons chopped green onions
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 dash hot pepper sauce
2 pounds skinless halibut fillets
1. Preheat the oven broiler. Grease a baking dish.
2. In a bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
3. Arrange the halibut fillets in the prepared baking dish.
4. Broil halibut fillets 8 minutes in the prepared oven, or until easily flaked with a fork. Spread with the Parmesan cheese mixture, and continue broiling 2 minutes, or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
3/4 cup flour
Salt and pepper
1 3/4 cups Italian bread crumbs
2 pounds chicken cutlets
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 (26 oz.) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
8-12 ounces shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a shallow dish, combine flour with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. In a bowl, beat together eggs and 2 Tbsp. water. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
2. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg mixture, letting excess drain. Dredge in bread crumbs, pressing on gently.
3. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium/high heat. Add cutlets. Cook until golden, usually 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Continue cooking with oil and chicken until all chicken cutlets are done. Can add more coconut oil if needed.
4. Pour spaghetti sauce on top of cutlets generously. Sprinkle some Italian seasoning on top of the sauce for some extra flavor. Sprinkle cheeses generously on top. Cook for approximately 20-25 minutes.
5. Can serve over pasta or on its own.
4 1/2-5 c. all-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 T. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
Powdered Sugar Glaze:
In a bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon corn syrup, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and enough half & half (1-2 T.) to make of drizzling consistency.
In a large mixer bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the yeast.
In a small saucepan, heat the milk, the 1/3 cup butter, and the 1/3 cup sugar just until warm (120-130 degrees and butter is almost melted. Add to the flour mixture, add eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then high for 3 minutes, scraping sides. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour (2 1/4-2 3/4 cups) as you can.
Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Shape into a ball; place in a greased bowl, turning once. Cover, let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour.
For filling: combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and cinnamon. Cut in the remaining 1/2 cup butter till crumbly; set aside.
Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll dough to a 12-inch square.
Sprinkle filling over the dough square; roll up jelly-roll style, pinch edges to seal. Slice roll into eight pieces; arrange in a greased 13×9 inch baking pan.
Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap; let dough rise until nearly double, about 45 minutes.
Brush dough with half & half or light cream. Bake in a 375 oven for 25 minutes or until light brown. Frost with powdered sugar icing. Serve warm.
1 6-pound brisket
Rub into beef:
1 1/2 tablespoons seasoning salt, pepper, paprika
Marinate beef for 8 hours in:
2 cups oil
2 cups cider vinegar
1/2 cup Worcestershire
2 bay leaves
Place in covered container over indirect heat for 3 1/2-4 hours, basting with marinade every 30 minutes.
The last hour of cooking, coat both sides of brisket with barbeque sauce. Continue to cook until tender and baste only the top.
4 cups catsup
1 cup cider vinegar
2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion, grated
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons seasoning salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon pepper
Bring to boil. Remove bay leaf.
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 and a 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 and a 1/2 cups shredded apples
3/4 cups coconut
1/2 cup dates or raisins
1/2 cup nuts
1 cup oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Combine dry ingredients. Add rest of ingredients and mix. Bake at 375 degrees in muffin tins for 18 minutes or more.
4 tsp. olive or vegetable oil
2 tsp. cider vinegar
artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tbsp. plain non-fat yogurt
2 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
In bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sweetner, and marjoram. Whisk in buttermilk, yogurt, and mayonnaise. Stir in onion, parsley, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight to thicken. Whisk before serving. Refrigerate dressing at all times.
1 lb. crabmeat, preferably backfin
½ cup crushed saltines & ½ breadcrumbs, crushed finely with rolling pin
1 tsp. horseradish
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, optional
¼ tsp. white pepper
3-4 T. mayonnaise, depending on consistency
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. Bay seasoning
¼ tsp. salt
Dash of Tabasco sauce (1-2 drops)
1-2 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley when available
Pick over crab, mix with breadcrumbs in large bowl. In smaller bowl, beat egg, other ingredients. Mix in with crab. Either pan fry crab cakes in butter or oil or put in shells and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. (Sprinkle first with grated Parmesan.)
Alternate version: omit Worcestershire, include 1 T. fresh chopped tarragon or a ¼ tsp. dried tarragon, juice of ½ lime or lemon and a couple of grindings of fresh black pepper. Fold in egg and seasonings with the crabmeat and crumbs, mixing gently.
1 oz. packet of Ranch Dry Salad Dressing Mix
2 T. Vegetable Oil
1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 1/2″ cubes
Green, yellow, & red bell pepper, cut in squares
Onion, cut into square pieces
Combine 1 oz. packet of Ranch Dry Salad Dressing Mix with 2 tablespoon vegetable oil. Cut 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts into cubes. Marinate chicken in mixture 15 minutes. Place chicken, peppers, and onions alternately on 8 skewers. Brush with remaining marinade. Grill for 10 mins or until done.