4 Yukon gold potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
6 slices bacon, diced
3 green onions, sliced
Sour cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. The key to great hasselback potatoes is thinly slicing each potato into an accordion like shape, without slicing right through to the bottom. Place a potato on a large serving spoon. Slice 1/8-inch to ¼-inch slices along the potato, slicing until you hit the spoon. Alternatively, slice on a cutting board and make sure you stop slicing at least ¼-inch before you hit the bottom of the potato.
3. Place the sliced potatoes on a baking sheet. Brush with half the oil olive, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, brush the remaining oil, salt and pepper over the potatoes and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
4. While the potatoes are cooking, cook bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat until crispy. When ready to serve, sprinkle bacon and green onions over each potato. Serve with sour cream.
2 lb new potatoes
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
2 green onions, finely sliced
½ cup finely diced red onion
3 celery stalks, finely diced
¼ cup finely chopped dill
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Place potatoes in a large pot of salted, cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, until tender, about 10 min. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Cut each potato into quarters. Place in a large bowl.
2. To potatoes add mayonnaise, Dijon, crumbled bacon pieces, green onions, red onion, celery, dill, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
from Jennifer L.’s book, North Branch , MN
12 pieces bacon-fry crisp and crumble
1 c. cheddar or swiss cheese – shredded
1/3 c. onion – grated chopped or minced.
2 c. whipping cream
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
Dash of tabasco sauce
9 in pastry lined pan
1. Put bacon pieces, cheese, and onion in bottom of pastry lined pan.
2. Mix eggs, whipping cream, salt, sugar and tabasco sauce. Pour over top of bacon.
3. Bake at 425° for 15 min
4. Lower temp to 300° and bake for 30 min.
5. Let stand for 10 min before cutting.
Submitted by: Jennifer L