2 lb new potatoes
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
2 green onions, finely sliced
½ cup finely diced red onion
3 celery stalks, finely diced
¼ cup finely chopped dill
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Place potatoes in a large pot of salted, cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, until tender, about 10 min. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Cut each potato into quarters. Place in a large bowl.
2. To potatoes add mayonnaise, Dijon, crumbled bacon pieces, green onions, red onion, celery, dill, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
from Jennifer L.’s book, North Branch , MN
12 pieces bacon-fry crisp and crumble
1 c. cheddar or swiss cheese – shredded
1/3 c. onion – grated chopped or minced.
2 c. whipping cream
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
Dash of tabasco sauce
9 in pastry lined pan
1. Put bacon pieces, cheese, and onion in bottom of pastry lined pan.
2. Mix eggs, whipping cream, salt, sugar and tabasco sauce. Pour over top of bacon.
3. Bake at 425° for 15 min
4. Lower temp to 300° and bake for 30 min.
5. Let stand for 10 min before cutting.
Submitted by: Jennifer L