1 cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir into butter and sugar mixture until combined. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Using an ice cream scoop (about 1/3 cup scoop), scoop batter onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2-3-inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown at the edges. Remove to a rack to cool completely.
5. Sandwich cookies with a big scoop of your favorite ice cream.
from Mandy D.’s book, Colton, SD
2 3/4 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup butter or oleo
1 lb. brown sugar
1 12 oz. pkg. of chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. nuts (if desired)
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Melt butter; add sugar and blend well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Add flour mixture, nuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Pour into 9X13 inch pan and bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Do Not Overcook! Should be chewy. Will be thick to spread in pan so you may have to use a little water to spread them.
Submitted by: Kim D