4 chicken drumsticks, bone-in, skin-on
4 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
2 chicken breast, bone-in, skin-on, cut in half
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1. In a large bowl toss chicken pieces with olive oil and a good seasoning of salt and pepper.
2. Preheat grill to medium heat. Once grill is hot, place chicken pieces on grill. Turn chicken pieces every few minutes for about 15-20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes, start basting chicken pieces with BBQ sauce.
4. Continue cooking chicken for an additional 10 minutes, turning and basting with sauce often. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with grilled vegetables.
Tips for the best BBQ chicken
• Make your own homemade BBQ sauce. You can mix up the flavor, spices and fresh herbs.
• Always season your chicken pieces well with salt and pepper or use a spice rub.
• Preheat your BBQ well before placing chicken on the grill.
• Always cook chicken until it’s almost cooked through before adding BBQ sauce. The sugar in the BBQ sauce will caramelize and burn if you put it on too soon.